Thursday, June 28, 2012

Father's Day

Last weekend was a little busy, so on Sunday we celebrated Father's Day, a week late.  Ryan wanted to take the kids on a hike, something we definitly don't do enough, so we picked a trail close by and were on our way. The kids were beyond excited. Isabella had all kinds of ideas about what the trail would be like, she told me that she remembered exactly how it went last time we were there. She even remembered that I carried her in the ergo and she fell asleep....she also sometimes confuses her memory with a picture she may have seen. After all, I'm pretty sure the last time we were there, she was two. 

Before heading out, we all had brunch and the kids gave Ryan the card they made. Actually, Isabella made the card. I told her she had to leave space for the other kids to write or draw, and I'm sure there was a centimeter somewhere on the card left just for Declan. But in the end, he told her to just go ahead and do it for him. To which she happily obliged.



Ryan also got his gift that I've he's been waiting for.

When Ryan started this new vegan lifestyle, he occasionsally would drink Kombucha.  The kids have had it in the past, and love it, so I figured that this would be a much more economical (and fun!) way to enjoy such a healthy drink that the whole family loves. 

Heavy on the pictures, light on the words:

 Quinn was upset because Ryan tried to put her down.  Isabella was possibly upset because we had just gotten there and I may have already told her to turn around 25 times, so I could take a picture...


She stopped at every log, stood on it, put her hand over her eyes and said "this is just what you're supposed to do when you're hiking."


We didn't make it much further than this. Actually, we've never made it past this point before, and we've been on this same trail several times. Something about water and rocks and crayfish and tadpoles and frogs....and little boys and little girls.





Who needs toys?



We had some tired babes on the way back.  Some may have wanted to bring back with us half a dozen rocks. You know, because they were so much better than the half a million rocks surrounding our house.  So they had a lesson in National Forest preservation, and willingly let the rocks go.  Except maybe three that found their way into a backpack pocket....



It's the best we could do...

The rest of the day was spent napping (one out of five), cooking, swimming, and relaxing. The kids helped make blueberry hand pies and Thai for dinner and reminded Ryan more than a few times, that they think he's the best dad ever.  I love that they 'get it' now.





No comments:

Post a Comment