I feel like it's important to share a good thing and I have found a very good thing.
Hazelwood.
My sister in-law mentioned seeing something about hazelwood being beneficial for babies dealing with acid refux. I don't have a baby yet still find it integral that I know all things baby related, so I headed to the Google. Come to find out hazelwood is good for a lot of things: acid reflux, skin related issues such as excema and sensitivity rashes, arthritis, and teething. These issues are usually related to an acid imbalance in your body. Aboriginal people used to put hazelwood chips on their babies necks to relieve teething pain and much like practices using Baltic amber, realized that it worked.
I have always put amber necklaces on my kids and actually, all three of them still wear amber. Teething can be hard to really monitor though. It's a guess as to whether its really "working" or if they just had a better night than the previous. We kept the necklaces on though because I did notice a difference in comfortablity when our kids were teething.
Quinn has always had skin rashes during weather changes. This year was the worst. She was actually in pain, red, and swollen in patches on her torso and sides as the cold weather came. I would rub her down with coconut oil many times a day until even that became painful for her (the rubbing, not the actual oil). I knew I wasn't up for trying strong, chemical laden creams and lotions so I went to the next option: hazelwood. I had high hopes from reading testimonials, but what actually happened blew me away.
It worked.
Her skin looks perfect. No bumps, no rashes. No redness, puffiness or pain. Within 48 hours of wearing the necklace we noticed a big difference and after three weeks, her skin looks like it should. Honestly I have not seen her skin look this good since she was a baby. We exhausted all of our natural go-to healing methods: breastmilk, coconut oil, no soap, no detergents, being careful about the brand of clothes she wears (no formaldahyde) and nothing short of willing it away. But the necklace did it, so I had to share.
I would love to know how it helps with other acid related issues. According to the hazelwood site that I ordered her necklace from, it takes about three weeks for the acidity in your body to be balanced. If you don't notice a change in that period of time, the issue is probably not acid based. Hazelwood creates an alkaline environment in your body which aids in the healing of issues related the acidity that you have in your body. Supposedly it can even help with those sensitive skin issues that come from simple things like eating a tomato and breaking out in a rash!
Quinn is so much more comfortable now and I have stopped rubbing her smooth belly long enough to share our great experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment