Sunday, August 2, 2009


So, just a side note..I know from following other blogs, that usually "bloggers" write like every day. How on earth do they do that?


Anyway, obviously, it's been awhile.


So we had to battle a case of fever and clinginess (Isabella) and then thrush and clinginess (Declan). So sparks the question of "why did I want to practice 'attachment parenting'?" when all this clinginess is driving me batty! Didn't I want my kids to be "attached," feel secure, want to be near me and I near them? Well, yes, I did and do want those things, but is it so bad that I also want there to be some time in the day when I don't have a kids hanging off of me, pulling me, stretching out my shirt (for the millionth time), whining: "mommy, pick me up. my legs are broken, I can't walk" or even better "eh, eh, eh, eh."

So, if you can't tell, I admit, I need a break. Talk about 24-7...let me introduce you to MY kids. They need me all of the time. I finish making one meal, clean up, play, change diapers, calm someone down, paint nails, re-paint nails, search for chapstick and green gum, dance Declan to sleep, nurse, nurse, make another meal, clean up, laundry, and well, I could go on, but you get the picture. Don't get me wrong. I am happier than ever that I can stay at home with my kids. I can't imagine going back to work outside of the home and I wouldn't want to. I have my "dream job." BUT if I could go to the bathroom without Declan emptying all of the towels and washclothes out of the closet and Isabella asking if she can "wipe me," no wait, TELLING me that she IS going to wipe me, that'd be awesome.

Okay, so really, I just wanted to document some cute things that my kids do that drive me crazy but that I love anyway....so I'm not complaining. Really, I'm not complaining. Because if I was REALLY complaining, I wouldn't have this soft, snuggly, little body beside me in bed. And I wouldn't be wishing that the bigger soft, snuggly, body that's in her big girl bed, was beside me too. So, yes, I'm glad we're "attached" because I wouldn't want it any other way. Isabella told me a secret the other night...in both ears....she said "I love you." My kids are the sweetest things to grace this earth and I wouldn't want a minute without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment