I am thankful today. Thankful for how simply wonderful my life really is. We are healthy, safe, warm, fed, clothed, clean, comfortable and well. So aside from the mundane day to day things that I could find to complain about, today I am thankful.
I feel like I've been made aware of many miracles and devastations the past couple of days. Miracles are happening to those closest to me and others, further away, some that I don't even "know" in the real world, experience such extreme struggles and a lifetime of obstacles. Today I can not begin to tell you how utterly thankful I am for my kid's health. I am thankful that they are strong, healthy children that have the world at their fingertips.
There is a blog that I follow, Enjoying the Small Things (http://www.kellehampton.com/), and the writer has become well known after her story hit the web following the birth of her daughter. Her daughter was born with Down Syndrome. As her family approaches the 1st birthday of their precious baby, they are raising money to support the NDSS, in hopes that one day children and adults with Down Syndrome will be fully accepted in our society. I have never been one to donate money. I hate admitting that, but it's true. I always think that I would love to, wish that I had, or swear that I will, but I don't. This time, I want to be a part of making the difference. And as much as I want to do it for every one of these families out there facing challenges every day, I want to do it because of my thankfullness. Because how can I look at my sweet kids that are thriving and healthy and developing right where they should be, and not be so completely overwhelmed with gratitude? I think of a family that has a child with a terminal illness or a disorder or a mental health issue or a child born with down syndrome. Suddenly my horrible day that was horrible because of mounding laundry or a child that just wouldn't listen, pales in comparison to not having my child be accepted, or not have my child be able to breathe well, or not have my child live past 5 years old. Can you imagine? So today, I'm not just going to wish I would have, or think I could have, or promise that next time I will....I'm going to pass it on. Because, if it were me, wouldn't I want the same?
So, please, check out Kelle's blog, watch her video, and donate to the OneDer fund. And then, be thankful.
Love it! I also got AJH a tutu from one of the vendors that donated her proceeds to Nella's OneDER fund. So nice of you to share!
ReplyDelete