Thursday, March 31, 2011

Big stuff

Tomorrow is the beginning of April. Thirty more days until my baby is four.  It, for sure, does not feel like I met her outside of my body, four years ago. Yesterday maybe. Not four years ago. 
Don't get me wrong though. Her attitude today, totally proved to me that she was not born yesterday, but definitly, four years ago.  That eye roll I talked about a few months ago--still going strong. But now we've added just a little more sass to it.  Mothering a little girl has been pretty easy. Mothering a little girl who's coming into her own, may prove otherwise.  Isabella has a strong personality. She is the sweetest, most intuitive, sensitive little girl, but she believes us to be one. To her, we're on the same playing field. What I do, she does. What I say, she says. What I think, she thinks. Talk about being on your toes! 
I love her deeply though, no matter how many times she grunts at me when she doesn't get her way.  When she was just 17 months old, and I was getting ready to give her a brother, I didn't know how I'd love anyone as much as I love her. But I do. I love two more just as I love her.  But nothing will ever replace what I have with my firstborn. The girl who made me a mom in the first place. She'll always be my best friend (whether she likes it or not) and I am lucky to have her in my life. 

She's only wanted to change the theme of her party about 10 times. I just keep reminding her of the original, agreed upon theme and just keep on moving.  It's a party---and she's all about a party, so she's enjoying the details, the decoration making, and asks every morning: "Is it April yet? Is my birthday now?"
A few months back when we started talking about it, she said she wanted a grasshopper party. I thank Kelly for that. One night, she and Isabella were talking and Kelly jokingly said "Last year you had a ladybug party. This year you should have a grasshopper party!"  Oh, that second grade teacher humor.... Well Isabella loved the idea. For a solid two weeks. Until I convinced her otherwise. Then we moved on to a princess party. No offense to princesses, but we will never have a princess party.  I already can't believe the amount of 'princess-ness' going on in this house.  A party just won't be happening.  Then we got serious and started talking about the things she loves. She loves art, crafts, painting, coloring, stickers, etc.  So we decided on an art party.  Awesome. I can do art.  Easy to decorate, she can help, found a great website with ideas..no problem.  Until we went to another 4 year old's party.  And Isabella promptly looked at me and said "I'm having a Hello Kitty party too mommy. Right?"  Hah! "Nope, you're not. You're actually having an art party. Remember?"  Done deal.



And for the baby who never cries.  She does in fact cry.  Don't take lipgloss away from this girl!
I did notice though, that Isabella does have a look of concern on her face. She understands the attachment one may have to a lip gloss or chapstick.  She debated giving it back to her...she really did. But decided otherwise. Maybe next year Quinny-poo

                                     But put an oversized flower on her head and she's good to go.

                  There's just something I enjoy about headbands that equal the size of the child's head.
Really mom? Dad's gonna hate this!

No comments:

Post a Comment