Monday, March 28, 2011

crawling

Time to baricade the stairs. The little one is on the move.  And I mean the real move. Not just the scoot, turn, sit, turn, scoot....routine that gets her where she wants to go. Today she decided to move. One knee, one hand, other knee, other hand. With Declan excitedly screaming "come on Winny-Poo, come one" and Isabella beaming as their baby sister confidently moved across the floor.  Another milestone. One step closer to this baby becoming a toddler.  Four teeth, crawling, eating, playing, laughing, being "So Big!"  I will say, in complete honesty, the excitement of milestones never wears off.  We've reached a lot of milestones, but every one is just as big as the one before, the brother before, the sister before. It's all, always, special. And if I could figure out why my video won't post...well, then I'd post it. But first I have to edit it. Because Ryan probably wouldn't appreciate me posting a video where he is protectively (and loudly) telling Declan to "back away from the baby...I repeat, back away..." but not really in those exact words.  I'll edit and post it tomorrow. But for now, it's time to see if this melatonin can work it's magic on miss Isabella.  She got a full dose tonight, so let's see if the almost four year old can sleep through the night....for the first time. Ever. Oh, and the part I'm really looking forward to: that means that I would be sleeping through the night too. For the first time in four years.  Well, minus nursing Quinn a few times, but that's not too bad.
Notice Quinn's first bruise. Right on the face.  That's what happens when you continually try to pull up on a rocking chair. Rocking chairs rock. Ouch.


Just a side note. Because Ryan took some cute pictures of Quinn this morning in her crib that we keep in our room....Now don't get me wrong. Cribs are great. They keep babies in, and safe, and secure.  Cribs are necessary unless you want to go to extreme measures to baricade your child in. But do they not make you think of little baby jails? Every time I look at Declan when he's asleep in his crib, I immediately think "baby jail." The kid's in a little baby jail.  And these pictures of Quinn, just remind me of a little caged animal.  I'd pay the big bucks to see her though.


No comments:

Post a Comment