Dear Zoey,
Tomorrow, we are celebrating you. Your mom and dad too, but mostly you. In a few short months (eek, less than that!) you will be here. Right at the time my baby is turning one, my sister's baby will enter the world. You are a very lucky little girl. I don't think your mom even knows how much she is going to love you. I have watched her love my babies, one by one, the moment that they took their first breath, even the moment before their first breath, she was there, loving them. She cuddled your baby cousins, so I could sleep. She loved them, so I could rest. She comforted them so I could eat. You are so lucky and you don't even know it yet.
Your mom and I are best friends. I was with her the second that she found out you were joining us all in this world. I knew you when you were just a little blueberry. Now you are so much more than that and already I love you so much. I love your mom so much. She was convinced that by the time she got around to having kids, my kids would be old enough to take care of hers. I'm so glad she was wrong. Your mom has loved my babies so fully, so completely and they think she's the world. Now, she will have her own precious baby and she will feel something deeper than she ever thought possible. You will be her world.
I am so proud of your mom, and of you. You have helped her to create this life that she is beginning. The path she is on-is because of you. She is very lucky to have you. When I meet you for the first time, and touch your sweet baby skin, and hold my best friend's first baby girl, I can't imagine how I'll feel. Probably close to how I felt when I held my own babies for the first time.
Tomorrow, we will celebrate you and your new family. We can't wait to meet you and love you so much already. Isabella will want to be your mommy, trust me. Declan will be sad that his Gen will have a new baby to hold, Quinn will be your best friend--your soul sister, and Eleanor will be your little caretaker-she'll show you the ropes. You will make your Mia a grandmother of five. You will show her that, unbelievably, her heart (and her arms) can in fact, stretch even more. You will make your parents a mom and a dad, and you will make a whole lot of people, very, very, happy.
Love
Aunt Jessica
This is so sweet, Jess! Zoey is a very blessed little gal.
ReplyDelete