As I'm upstairs nursing Quinn and rocking her to sleep. And then walking her to sleep. Then swaying. Then rocking. Then pacing. Repeat. I think of all the things I need to say. All the things I need to remember. Then I lay her weighted body down in her crib with my fingers and toes crossed, tiptoe out of the room praying that the door doesn't squeak, and walk downstairs, decide that writing down all of those thoughts is the last thing I can do, and then I fall asleep.
The third baby is hard. Not hard in the sense that three kids is hard. Hard in that number three is only one, yet she believes herself to be three or four. Therefore, she tries to do any and every thing that her siblings are doing. She's exhausting, non-stop, and doesn't cease to remind us that the stubborn gene definitly found it's way into her pool as well. Latest obsession: climbing on the furniture. Usually results in falling off the furniture. And don't tell her she can't do something. Hah! She will turn her little curly head toward you, smile, maybe giggle a bit, and proceed with exactly what she was doing before being interrupted by "Quinn! No!" She's a busy one. But she is still my sweet baby. Her kisses are to die for. Starting out with an open mouth, midway you get the lips clamped down right on top of yours, then starts the sucking, then the "smack!" sound, she recoils and maybe, if you're lucky, she goes in for a repeat. She's the best.
This past weekend, we were in Norfolk visiting with Gen and Zoey. Hass was out of town, so mom, the kids, and I went over on Friday evening and spent the weekend with Gen in their new (very nice) home. It was good to get away, to see Gen and Zoey (who isn't quite so newborn anymore...) and have a change of scenery. The backyard scenery wasn't too shabby.
I mean, not that I could live there.
Well, I could live there. It's just that I would never again see my husband. Because he and his other love, blue kayak, would forever be lost out there in the water. Lost on purpose, that is.
She's still pretty much, to die for!
So, pine tree forest in our backyard, you need to step it up.
They had a massive pine tree that dropped massive pine cones, that kept these two entertained for quite sometime. These pinecones were birds, flowers, animals, and a host of other things that provided our morning entertainment.
Excuse me, my dear, sweet, four year old. Where did you learn to stand like that, with SASS just oozing from your flowery pajamas? Whew.
Isabella wants nothing more than Quinn to admire her. Quinn has a lot of people to share her love with and when Isabella is her target, this big sis is in heaven.
For example:
Quinn leaned in for a little hug and Isabella was all over it. Even suggesting to me that I should take a picture.
You can see that little proud grin under there.
And then Quinn kept grabbing Isabella's arm and hugging it, gave her a few kisses, some more hugs, and then was clearly done. Isabella thought that was a good time to show her breakfast. Manners at their finest.
While we're on the subject of showing food...Quinn is pretty insistent that she feed herself. These days, I just go with it. She's going to need a bath at the end of the day anyway....
Have at it little girl.
I tried to sneak in there with another spoon to kind of help her along. Or at least to ensure that some of the yogurt made it into her mouth. This is when she decided that two spoons were even better than one.
It's a messy life, but we clean it up by the end of the day.


No comments:
Post a Comment