Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks, you three

There is no doubt that I have plenty to be thankful for. Every single day.  I appreciate and therefore am thankful for many things on a daily basis.  I'm pretty sure it may be obvious what I'm most thankful for, but if not, it's this:




So, this really isn't going to be a "Thanksgiving" post.  I haven't even gone through those pictures yet... But the week leading up to Thanksgiving, the beginning of the holiday season, and the continuation of traditions, was a lot of fun.

Isabella and I bought a pomegrante when we were grocery shopping last week.  We had to open it immediately and the kids were intrigued.  Isabella loved the seeds, Quinn loved the mess, and Declan loved the juice.  The whole fruit was definitly well taken care of.




The kids and I made our Thanksgiving banner.  Isabella is currently obsessed with cutting paper, so she had that job (although there wasn't any paper involved...I simply made her believe there was), Declan is currently obsessed with glue so he watched me glue down the letters. He tried to help, but once he realized his hands would get sticky, he was out.  Quinn is currently obsessed with destroying everything I attempt to do at her level. So that takes care of that. 


Thankfully, the weather has still been nice enough to spend time outside.  Just counting down the days we remove all of the furniture from the house to make room for riding toys.  They wish....



Can I just say that, unfortunately, this child has no fear. She will hop on that tractor, and hang half-way off with her foot "accidentally" on the pedal as it takes her around the yard and she just laughs and hangs on.  But when I make her sit correctly and her feet miss the pedal by an inch, her great big sister pushes her from behind just so she can 'take a little ride.'

Isabella is currently enamored by a you tube video of these two little girls decked out in ballerina gear, singing and dancing.  She came downstairs the other morning dressed "just like those little girls" and thought she was going to the library that way.  We compromised on just the crown.  And we won't even talk about what Declan has on behind her.



I am thankful for the little things that these three bring to my life.  It all adds up to one big thing and for them and the family we have created, I am most thankful.

Even in her sassiest moments...

No comments:

Post a Comment