Genivieve was here this past weekend for her birthday. Zoey was in full on play mode with the addition of following in the Troxell footsteps (sans our kids...they fell short of that gene) of eating like a horse. That encompasses not only nursing, but now the solid stuff. And keeping true to tradition of our family (and certainly from her dad's side) she was sucking hummus off of mom's finger, and shoveling in anything else she could get her chubby little hands on.
Girl will never need to have an experience with an eye lash curler. Or mascara for that matter. Lucky, lucky girl. Seriously, she is beautiful.
Quinn still holds the number one spot for 'child who never stops.' Close tie with Declan, but I'm pretty sure between her incessant climbing, falling to the floor in full blown dramatics after not getting her way, and dire need to do everything that her brother and sister do (which can't be good), she's pretty exhausting.
She may be giving her baby the what for right here.
She now stands at the sink grunting for me to turn the water on so she can brush her own teeth. Yes, she doesn't even need me for that.
I kid you not. She takes my contact case after I put my contacts in and the 'puts her contacts in.' Every. Single. Time.
It's an interesting story: these two. That old saying "three's a crowd," I'm not going to argue that sometimes it is very true. When Quinn isn't around, these two are buddies. They love to play house, make up games, read together, chat like two little old people, and team up to create a little cookie assembly line.
I seriously debated posting the nudey pictures of the chunk, herself. After all, this blog is for them. And I am almost positive that in 15 years, she'll totally love me for this.
Seriously, though. This girl and her squishy, smooth, awesome chub. Would you believe me if I told you she doesn't even eat three meals a day? We're usually lucky to get one good full meal in, and some grazing in between. But girl loves her milk. Nursing is still her mainstay and she has the chub to show for it. She actually fussed (times a thousand) insessantly at the dinner table tonight because she wanted down. We got her out of her chair and continued eating while she layed her head on me nestling in (or trying really hard to) and saying "I nur, I nur.' I told her 'no, you need to eat your dinner,' mostly because I wanted to eat my dinner. And lo and behold after about five minutes of her fussing to nurse and me telling her she had to wait. She crawled up in my lap and ate her entire plate of food plus some. Hmm, looks like mama needs to work on some things...aka: don't give into Quinn every.single.time. she begs to nurse. Hey, I'm still learning here. Every day.
And on that note, Declan was feeling pretty good tonight. It was a rare sight so I soaked it up. He's still not feeling 100% and has some pretty rough days trying to sort out all of his 'bowel issues,' Today (not this morning) was a good day for him. Can you tell?
I'm finished now. Finally. And she's in her crib now. Guess she needed the clicking of the keyboard to lull her back into a deeper sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment