Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Random

For what seems like the fiftieth time, we are again re-visiting what we will do when August comes around and our then five year old is ready for kindergarten.  Who am I kidding? She's been ready for kindergarten.  We continue to talk about our options and she's usually included in the discussion.  Isabella came out on the deck the other day, where I was sitting having just gotten off the phone with the head of a Montessori school. She said, "mom, who were you talking to?" I told her and the world's biggest grin spread across her face.  She said "I'm going to school?!  You were talking to my teacher?"  I told her that I was just planning on visiting the school and that we would see. To which she replied, "Mommy, I really don't want you to teach me at home. I'm just going to go to a school." She told me that she thinks she will be fine.  I'm sure she will be fine. And after visiting the school today, I'm positive she will be fine.  But still, we are not sure of the outcome and where Isabella will be in the Fall.  We're still exploring options, doing our research and looking for the best fit for her.  I was talking with another mom the other day who has a daughter that will also be in Kindergarten in the fall. We were discussing what a difficult decision this schooling is and how responsible we feel for making the best decision.  It was comforting to know that there are others out there struggling with the same thoughts, feelings, and ideas.  Surely there are bigger problems out there, some of which will be my own problems one day.  But for now, this almost five year old and where she will be in the fall, is my main concern.  I'm pretty sure she was just born the other day, so I don't know how we got here so quickly.


On a less 'serious' note, Genivieve and Zoey were in town again last week and the kids all loved their cousin time as usual.  Zoey continues to not be at all baby-ish and the older kids haven't accepted that yet.  They still want to hold her and cuddle her and love on her like a newborn. Yet, she's just trying to figure out how to get her legs and arms moving at the same time so she can crawl away as fast as they come after her. 




There is a beautiful Catholic church on the same block as the studio where Isabella takes ballet. The kids always mention it as we drive or walk by and it's something that is so eye-catching, you can't help but stare when you see it.
 Mom likes to do random things.  Similar to how I like to write about random things.  So at 8:15 on a Thursday night, after Eleanor's ballet class, as we're all walking up the hill to our cars, mom decides that since all of her grandkids are together, we should keep on hiking and take pictures at the church.  Tired kids (and parents): check, terrible lighting: check, setting sun and dark skies: check. Perfect night for picture taking at the church.  And we didn't get any strange looks from the very serious people entering and exiting from the side door as 5 kids ran around the lawn....But mom, I love your spontanaiety. And our kids love it even more!





 This September, the ages of these cousins will go something like this: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and not pictured: Piper in Kelly's belly...so we'll just say 0.  Six, 5 and under and then we get really crazy and project out a bit and realize that eventually it's going to look like this: 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11...and then we really want to scare mom and we tell her that there will be more....So those are just the teens and preteens. Add to that some early elementary aged kids and she's just living life all over again. We think we're busy now....

Like I said, random.

No comments:

Post a Comment