It started off, the end of last week with a good-bye cookout at mom's house for one of Isabella's very good friends. These girls have grown up together. Mom has taken care of Paige since she was just months old, and at only six weeks older than Isabella, they've spent a lot of time together over the past five years.
Isabella and Paige at 10 months...
These 6 have been together since they were itty bitty babies.
This next picture doesn't really have much to do with our weekend. I do find it hilarious that, if Isabella is in bed, Quinn takes the opportunity to quickly scan the house for 'forbidden items' such as this special baby doll that Isabella keeps close. Quinn sat with said baby for a good fifteen minutes, dressing and undressing her...having the time of her life because big sister wasn't there to enforce the rules.
On Saturday we made our first trip to the Farmer's Market. Declan was exhausted before we even got started. Therefore, he stayed firmly planted in the wagon, requested my sunglasses to 'keep the sun out of his face,' and suggested snacks that he would enjoy. Sometimes it's not so bad being the only boy...
The thing about going to the Farmer's Markets with kids in tow, is that rarely does the food you buy make it back to the house. It's hard to say 'no' to your kids wanting to eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and homemade baked goods on the fly...
Then it was on to opening day at the pool. Can I tell you how wonderful it is to have a family member with a pool? It's awesome, it's convenient, it's beautiful....we love it.
Isabella has resumed her fish status and has proven to not have forgotten anything from last summer. Quinn takes her usual stance: absolutely no hesitation about anything she does. She plopped her little legs right into the ring float and was confident that that was all she needed. Declan was more hesitant, floated around for a bit and then spent the next hour and a half scanning the perimeter for bugs....out of the water. If ever there was a child with determination, it is him. I can't get Declan to walk from the garage, five feet to the van, without him vanishing as he chases a butterfly, grasshopper, or fly. But that's a post for another day...
There's this thing that I love, and it rarely happens. When pictures are taken, they are usually taken by me. So, when I upload the pictures from our camera and happen to come across a series of photos that I know I didn't take, I love it. And I especially love it when the subject happens to be a cute little girl with goggles on. Chubby cheeks, cheesy grin, and all!
And consequently, I had a really hard time not laughing every time I scanned through these. Still laughing....still.
Mom's birthday happened to fall on Memorial Day this year. So after our swim, we headed back over to mom's for a fantastic dinner, more time outside playing, yummy desserts, and kids who always get excited over some presents....even if they are the ones giving them.
These kids love their Mia. Like, can't get enough, you'd think they never see her excited, Love Her. Good thing the four of us, plus all of her children through marriage and these six, almost seven grandkids keep her nice and young.
It was a beautiful, relaxing, long weekend for sure. The perfect kind.

No comments:
Post a Comment