Time doesn't register yet for Quinn. She's happy if I accidentally leave a tube of diaper cream on the bed.
Not quite the reaction he expected when I (grabbed my camera...because, come on, I knew it was gonna be good) walked in the room and couldn't stop laughing. Trust me, it's the thing to do when oily, thick, white diaper cream is covering your child (and bedspread). Twenty minutes later and Ryan's smart idea of washing her with dish soap, and she came out smelling powder fresh!
August at our house can be summed up with one word: Buggy. The bugs are always pretty bad here, but in August when it's hot, humid, and this year-pretty rainy, the bugs are out in full force. This means there have been more trips to the park than usual. Which only reminds me why I avoid them in the first place. Quinn knows no bounds and if Isabella is going to climb a twenty foot ladder, so should she. That place gives me an anxiety attack.
Declan loves to play. He really does. I'm not so sure that eating doesn't trump playing though. Even at the park...
Stopping to feed the ducks on the scariest bridge ever. I'm so glad Kelly brought so much bread. ;)
On the top of my priority list for the next couple of weeks is to figure out a method for teaching kindergarten material to a five year old, preschool material to two four year olds (Abbey is coming back to our house for preschool twice a week this year!) and two year old stuff...to a two year old. Isabella gets in the zone, so I'm not too concerned about her, or Abbey for that matter. She'll have probably mastered kindergarten by the end of the year too. I've already begun creating some material to keep Quinn busy, and it seems to keep Declan just as busy...which isn't a bad thing, just interesting. Quinn loves to scoop, dump, and sort. It's her thing. Well, we all know this is Declan's thing as well. Beans are cheap. Thank goodness, since a bucket full ended up on the floor by the time these two were finished.
Also ranking high on Quinn's activity board are cutting paper, gluing any and every thing to paper, writing on and erasing white boards, sorting anything colored, doing board puzzles, and asking "why" along the way.
Declan's activity of choice: chase the chickens.
These three keep things busy, changing, and interesting.
We are ready and excited for the fall. New routines, new lessons, new ages, and more fun. Always more fun. And maybe, hopefully, more sleep.
Declan's been hiding fall decorations in his closet for the past two months (my little hoarder). Soon they will emerge...Fall is in the air.
No comments:
Post a Comment