Let me tell you. Go to Michael's, check out the floral section...especially the seasonal things...and you're bound to find some 40% off things. Buy them. Put them into a grapevine wreath. And you have made a seasonal decoration for the fraction of the price it would have been to buy "pre-made." Isn't that true for everything though?
I was in the grocery store the other day. Quinn spit up all over my arm, so I went to the baby aisle to grab wipes. While I was rubbing the spit up off of my shirt, I was looking at baby food. Yes, we are a long way from baby food, but I was just curious. I always made Isabella's and Declan's food so I was just wondering how much it cost to buy baby food these days. I was really surprised. Especially if you want to buy organic! You can buy an 8 pack of organic sweet potatoes for $13...so that would last you 8 days (right?). I can buy 3 lbs of organic sweet potatoes from the farmers market for under 5 dollars. Bake them (or boil them) at home, cut them up, puree them, freeze them in covered trays and have baby food for weeks. I'm all about saving when you can...and this is definitly the way. Kinda like my wreath :)
Isabella brought me home a bouquet of yellow leaves that she picked up at the park today with Grandma. She has been talking about Fall for the past month and is so excited to go on a "real" train ride and pick apples. Fall is in the air. My favorite season of all!
Isabella brought me home a bouquet of yellow leaves that she picked up at the park today with Grandma. She has been talking about Fall for the past month and is so excited to go on a "real" train ride and pick apples. Fall is in the air. My favorite season of all!
I like the pumpkin snowman!
ReplyDeleteI love fall, too, and I love that wreath! I am going to head to Michael's soon to get things to make headbands for AJH. We should team up!
ReplyDelete