She changed me. And for her, I am eternally grateful. She will never understand how much she has given me, how much I love her, and how much I deeply appreciate her....until, one day, she has her own first born.
I woke up at 6:00 this morning to Isabella kicking me as she settled into our bed having snuck in like she does every early morning. When I looked over at the clock, I thought, 'wow, fours years ago, I had been in labor with her for 28 hours...and just 34 minutes later, she entered the world into her dad's hands and onto my chest and straight into my heart. I thought I loved her when she was inside of me, but I fell in love with her the moment her body touched mine. That morning is forever etched in my memory. The last four years as well. My first baby, my daughter, the one who changed me for good. You are four and I love you more every single day.
No comments:
Post a Comment