Friday, April 8, 2011

The moon

One of my new favorite things:
   When I'm saying 'good night' to Declan, or when I'm putting him to bed, he says in a low, breathy voice, face pressed right against mine, practically speaking into my mouth: "I love you to the moon, mommy. And back to mommy's house."  He made that up all by himself. We read the book "Guess How Much I Love You" and Ryan and Isabella have an ongoing game of 'I love you this much...but I love you this much more.' But this one, Declan came up with just for him and me.  He loves all the way to the moon. And all the way back to his mommy's house.  He has been in serious mommy mode this week, and as frustrating as it is at times, when he wraps those long skinny legs around my waist and squeezes my neck and I feel his hot, flushed cheek against mine, I embrace it. Because it's just now.  It won't happen again. He is who he is for only this minute.  I told him that he was my best boy. He told me I was his best mommy. He has a sweet, sweet heart, that boy.

Declan thought he was so "big" sitting in Starbucks, sipping on his hot chocolate. Isabella was quite impressed with herself also...

And we can't leave out Lizard Boy. He was loving the lizards.
(P.S. After I watched this video back, I'm not even sure those are lizards??? Oh well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment