Sometimes I wish I wasn't so attached to my camera. Can you imagine what it would be like if we still had to use film? I would be in so much trouble. The rest of our vacation was just as much fun as the first part. Nearing the end of the trip (and especially after my mom went back home and my hands were more necessary in tending to children, rather than my camera), I kind of dropped the ball in the picture taking department. Ryan insisted it was "okay" since he had his phone. I'm pretty sure I'll never see those pictures again... I didn't get any pictures of the day we spent at Colonial Williamsburg, which is another place that I would like to live. Right there in one of those historic buildings on another cobblestone street with a Governor's Palace right next door where the kids can run around on the massive tree lined greens and we can ride the horse and buggy to the store instead of the Honda Odyssey. What have I become?
Two evenings, we drove over to Norfolk to visit Genivieve. Within seconds of walking in the door, Isabella was asking "can I hold baby Zoey, pleeeeease?" Zoey's getting bigger and Isabella's lap is not keeping up with the pace, but she is still determined to hold this three month old like a three day old. Zoey's not having it though. Also, Zoey will probably think her first name is Baby. As in Baby Zoey. Just like Quinn may grow up thinking her name is Quinny or Winny Woo. Something about my kids and the nicknames they give to babies. If that is a trait to be inherited, they definitly got it from their dad. King of the nicknames.
This was dinner. And I think she out-ate us all. But wouldn't you if someone was cracking the shells for you and feeding you pieces of crab meat. It's at times like this, that I wish I was four.
Quinn adopted this tiny pacifier that used to be Eleanor's, then Zoey tried it out. Quinn has never taken a pacifier but she carried it around, playing with it. Later, she was nursing, stopped, popped the pacifier in her mouth and started sucking away. This is how she looked for the next hour.
This is the day that we should have been standing in front of Busch Gardens. Instead, we were standing in front of the air and space museum. I ordered BG tickets online because I had a coupon code to get a discount. I was pretty excited about going and had the kids very excited about going to the new Sesame Street forest, watching German dances, and having all kinds of kid friendly fun. Late the night before, I was on the website and just noticed that on the calender under Tuesday "Park Closed" was glaring back at me. So, in the Fall, Busch Gardens is only opened on the weekends. Good to know. So, the next morning, Ryan spent some time on the phone with the credit card company and Busch Gardens, begging them to reimburse us since we wouldn't be able to use our ticket. Sad day indeed.
But nothing says 'fun' like the Air and Space Museum, right?
Luckily the 'Bob the Builder' exhibit was parked at the museum and the IMAX theatre was showing 'Born in the Wild.' It turned out to be quite a success.
I kid you not, Declan could have spent hours in this little Bob the Builder world. He filled and un-filled his little wheelbarrow and drove it around, looking for places to hide it so that he would always be able to come back to it. When it was time to go to the IMAX theatre, he hid it behind Bob's trailer and immediatly following the movie, he booked it back to find his stash safe and sound. Playtime resumed.
I like IMAX theatres. I thought the kids would like an IMAX movie. Quinn was questionable, but it was only a 45 min movie and if nothing else, I figured I could nurse her and she'd be fine. I kind of forgot about the whole blaring sound and 3D glasses ordeal. As the movie started up, Isabella was climbing up my body because it was so loud. Then, add in the countdown, while wearing 3D glasses which makes the numbers appear to be flying at your face, and she was screaming and crying and doing all sorts of maneuvers to get her body on to mine. I, in my sympathetic ways, was hysterically laughing, covering Quinn's ears, trying to pull Isabella's glasses off so she wouldn't see the numbers, and literally falling out of my seat from laughing so hard. Poor thing was a mess- her, not me. But once the movie started (which was absolutely amazing, by the way) she was fine. They loved it and seeing the animals in 3D was pretty cool. Quinn was perfect and sat very still the whole time. Definitly a memory for the record books. Mostly, because I've never laughed so hard at my child in my life.
Isabella has a new favorite sport.
Girl can play some tennis.
She's already asked us numerous times since being home, where a tennis court is, and when can she get a small racket.
Declan preferred 'puppy-pup-pup' as he called it, or if he was going for another version, just 'golf like daddy plays.'
He was a little crazy with his club and spent most of his time dropping his ball down the tunnel and running over the hill to retrieve it (repeat), but he's always up for a game.
Nothing says vacation like playing putt-putt and tennis in your pj's at bedtime. And we topped it all off with, yes, another wedding.
Right in the middle of the Activities Center.
She said that the lights just looked like a wedding.
So they got married again. Just one big hug and "Mommy! Take a picture!"
We had a lot of fun. It was much needed, but it's always good to be home.
Well, good for some of us.
Isabella woke us up twice our first night back, whispering "hey, I wish we were back at our hotel."
Ahh, kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment