Sunday, August 21, 2011

Relax

Last week was a busy week.  This weekend was a lazy weekend.  Ryan worked at the fair two nights last week, and was out of town one night and we spent a lot of time back and forth visiting with Gen and Zoey. So this weekend, we stayed home (mostly), organized closets, did loads (and loads, and loads) of laundry, played dress up and house, and went swimming (during a surprise thunderstorm). Naps were few and bedtimes were usual, but it was a nice weekend for sure.
Quinn finally found a chair that she can climb into, turn around, sit, and then get down. She is quite content there. And they are quite content running circles around her and making her laugh.  Oh, the things they do that make her laugh.


Last time I checked, kids really liked playing in forts.  We've created many forts. And they usually create an obstacle course for me rather than a play area for them. 
Ryan created this little fort on Saturday morning and even climbed in, hoping to spur some creative play.  Isabella said that she would like to lay on top of it, like a hammock. And Declan was more interested in sitting on the furniture that the fort was tied to, rather than inside the fort itself. 
And in the end, this is who ended up inside of the fort.
 I'm pretty sure Isabella and Declan were in the kitchen making lunch or something...like real adults...



She appreciates a good fort.

Check out that pouty lip.  And then there's Declan, chewing on his.  This means: Declan was tired and Quinn was pretty upset that I was trying to make her stay on the bench.  I just wanted a picture of all three kids.  It was way too much to ask. She really would have rather been climbing on and off of that chair.  She loves her brother though. The one that pulls and tugs on her the most, and she totally loves him to pieces.  She tries to wake him up in the morning and if she sees him wake up and come out of the room, she runs to him saying "Hi, da da, hi, hi, hi," and gives him the biggest, sweetest hug.  Quinn loves her brother.  And I love that.

So, this week I have some serious business to take care of. Number one, signing up Isabella for her ballet lessons.  Every leaf that falls from the tree, every leaf that she sees has changed color, is a reminder for her that fall is almost here and that means ballet is soon. She tells everyone she sees, whether they ask or not, that she is four and she is taking ballet lessons.  I can't wait to see her walk into that ballet class and fall in love with her first organized activity.  I'm maybe almost as excited as she is. 
Number two, is to get this preschool situation that is currently our playroom, under control.  I have to also convince myself that I can in fact teach preschool material to two kids while another toddler quietly occupies herself in another area. I think I can...I think I can....
Number three, is to return our extremely overdue library materials, to the library.  That should be number one.  And I am preparing myself to cringe when I see my overdue fees....
Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment