Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Birthday


Ode to my lil' sis....

It was on this day, 25 years ago, that Kate was born and I had to leave the hospital with Taylor, Nana, and Bill and Genivieve got to stay! And yes, for the record, still bitter about that...

I was at a good age when Kate was born. An age where my memories really began forming.

Some examples:
I remember Kate crying because she wanted a popsicle when she had already had one earlier that day when the rest of us were in school. Sorry Kate, mama says only one popsicle a day...

I remember making music videos with Gen and no doubt, Kate would streak across the scene of every. single. video. The girl did not like clothes.

I remember Kate waking up in the middle of the night once and Gen getting her out of her crib and putting her in bed with us.

I remember Kate sucking her thumb. All. The. Time.

I remember Kate getting mad/frustrated/bored, whatever and plopping down right where she was and crying. Well, sorta screaming, but whatever.

I remember Kate dressing up as a nurse for Halloween. And seriously, I have that picture in my head and it makes me LAUGH!

Taylor was the sensitive one, Gen was the quiet, sweet one. I was the loud clown (yes, believe it or not, I was) and Kate was always just Kate. Sweet, sensitive, introspective, silly, quirky, quiet, loud, loyal, and Kate. You just have to really know her to really get her. And when you do, you get a lot.
Happy Birthday Kate. I hope that this year gives you another fresh start...and as each year should be: bigger, better, promising, and fulfilling.
Love you Katie-did

No comments:

Post a Comment